Review Of If I Stay

Saturday, 19 July 2014
Book: If I Stay
Author: Gayle Forman
Publisher: Penguin
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary
Cover:













Rating: 3.5 - 4/5 Stars

Summary: Just listen, Adam says with a voice that sounds like shrapnel.

I open my eyes wide now.
I sit up as much as I can.
And I listen.

Stay, he says.


Choices. Seventeen-year-old Mia is faced with some tough ones: Stay true to her first love—music—even if it means losing her boyfriend and leaving her family and friends behind?

Then one February morning Mia goes for a drive with her family, and in an instant, everything changes. Suddenly, all the choices are gone, except one. And it's the only one that matters.

If I Stay is a heartachingly beautiful book about the power of love, the true meaning of family, and the choices we all make.


Review: "You'll like this book," she told herself, convincingly. "Plus there's a movie coming out soon, so it has to be good." 
This is what I told myself right before I started this book. I should have known better. The Hunger Games was turned into a movie, but that didn't mean I enjoyed the books. Same for Twilight (except I only got through the first half of the first novel). 

*I'm not saying those books were bad. I'm saying that they weren't for me.*

I really thought I'd like this book way more than I actually did. This book was okay. It was average. It was predictable. 

*After reading the first few pages*
"This is going to be amazing and I'm going to cry and I'm going to finally understand the hype surrounding this book."
Again, I was wrong. I'll admit that this book was sad. And maybe I would have cried had I not foreseen the ending. (Props to whoever came up with the title of the second book. You were a big help.)

However, I did like Mia and Adam. They were so cute together and I was rooting for them the whole time. Also, they weren't annoying to read. They had so much chemistry together, and seemed genuinely in love.

Overall, I don't know if I'm going to be reading the sequel to this novel. Maybe I'll read a different Gayle Forman book instead.

If you've read this book and/or its sequel, comment down below and tell me if you liked it and/or if the second book is worth reading. I'd love to know your thoughts.

- Hearts And Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation! We love knowing your opinions and thoughts on the matter!