Cover Changes

Sunday, 31 August 2014
I hate cover changes with a passion. If I like the cover of a book, don't go changing it along with the rest of the series! This has happened too many times and I'm tired of them. Unless the books are in desperate need of one, don't change their covers.

I also hate when they make a movie adaptation and change all the copies of the books to those with the movie poster on it. I HATE when that happens because I don't want your movie cover, I want the original cover because this is a book, not your adaptation.

If you're looking for an example in which the movie covers are less common than the regular ones, think Twilight. While I'm not a fan of the story, it's pretty rare to find people who own the books with the movie cover. I for one am happy to not have to walk around seeing the actors' faces everywhere.

Another example are the Harry Potter and Percy Jackson books. While both series have undergone unnecessary cover changes, the majority of readers own the books with the non-movie cover.

Examples of Books With Bad Cover Changes (not all of them had horrible covers afterwards, just worse):

1. Across The Universe Trilogy by Beth Revis

These books used to be pretty. And then they changed them. R.I.P. Pretty Covers

2. Crewel by Gennifer Albin

Personally, I preferred the original cover without her face. It had vibrant colours and I like vibrant colours.

3. Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood

I liked the girl better when she was upside-down rather than just standing there.

Let me know your thoughts on cover changes in the comments below! See you all tomorrow for another post!

- Hearts And Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation! We love knowing your opinions and thoughts on the matter!