Epic Reads Tea Time Rewind #73

Thursday, 28 August 2014
Here I am for the third week in a row doing these tea time rewinds. Hope you enjoy!

1. Currently Reading: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (AKA the August read along book of the month)

2. I don't actually have a favourite book store. Sorry.

3. Zombies. For some reason, I seem to always be avoiding them even though I shouldn't. However, the Something Strange and Deadly Trilogy by Susan Dennard will most likely be my first zombie read.

4. Complete Series That I Miss:
- The Gallagher Girls Series by Ally Carter (Zach Goode. Enough said. I'm also patiently waiting for the Embassy Row books.)
- The Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan (I miss Carter and Sadie. A lot.)
- The Pledge Trilogy by Kimberly Derting
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan (It's Percy Jackson!)
- The Selection Trilogy by Kiera Cass

Wait a second...Forget the last one. We're getting two more books.

Series That Are Ending Soon That I Will Miss:
- Splintered Series by A. G. Howard
- Crewel Trilogy by Gennifer Albin
- Taken Trilogy by Erin Bowman
- The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer

5. My Thoughts On Series In General:

In a series, you get to experience the characters for a longer time and the world is more throughly developed as well as the characters. It also allows for authors to explore their worlds and add more to their plot.

Speaking of plot though, often a series may experience a pacing problem at one point or another. Some examples of this include the Pretty Little Liars books, The Hunger Games Trilogy, and the Chemical Garden Trilogy. For some reason, after book one the plot seems to slow down. A lot. I have a serious problem with this considering that I most likely picked up the next book to continue on in this series, but nothing's happening!

Then we have that problem where the end of the series isn't satisfying and you are left wanting another book. Okay no, this also applies to any book with a good cliffhanger ending. An excellent example of this are the Selection books. Be careful because once you start that series, you may never stop until you've run out of books.

Honestly, I love series. I actually read more of them then I do stand-alones. Let me know what your opinions are on any of these topics in the comments below and I'll see you all tomorrow for another post!

- Hearts And Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation! We love knowing your opinions and thoughts on the matter!