Hyped Books That I Believe Don't Deserve It (And Other Books That Do)

Sunday, 17 August 2014
Nothing bothers me more than when a book gets so much hype and attention that when I read it, it falls below my expectations. (Okay a lot of other things bother me more than this like when a character I love dies *cough* TFiOS spoiler *cough* Augustus, but you get what I'm trying to say.)

Here are some of those books:

***Quick Disclaimer: This is my personal opinion. If you are easily offended, please leave now. And remember, I'll have a new blog post up tomorrow.***

- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (good plot idea, executed poorly)
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (like The Hunger Games, only it lacked plot)
- Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (nothing happens in that book because of some pacing issues and lack of plot except some really pointless deaths and some bad decisions made by certain characters)
- If I Stay by Gayle Forman (I didn't cry. Enough said. Review link here. Although, I will admit I am enjoying Where She Went.)
- Pretty Little Liars Series by Sara Shepard (Sixteen books too many with the same plot lines recycled over and over again. I've only ever read the first nine and then I realized that there are better books out there. Even though I haven't read all of the books, I've read enough to know that these weren't for me.)
- Uglies by Scott Westerfeld (It was a mediocre book if I'm being perfectly honest.)
- Pretties by Scott Westerfeld (This book felt like I was rereading Uglies and that's never a good sign.)
- The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger (I hate this book with a burning passion. Holden Caulfield never stops complaining for a single sentence in the entire book. However, I do know that some people really love this book, so extra disclaimer on this one.)

A few more include Wither by Lauren DeStefano, 1984 by George Orwell (This one had a really bad ending, or as I like to refer to it, *warning for spoilers for The Hunger Games* if Katniss had shoved those poison berries down Peeta's (or pita bread, as I like to call him) throat.), and To Kill A Mockingbird (it wasn't anything special).

Some books that deserve more hype include but are not limited to:

- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
- The Pledge by Kimberly Derting
- Taken by Erin Bowman
- Crewel by Gennifer Albin (Read on Wattpad here for a limited time.)

Okay then, I guess that's all from me then. See you all tomorrow for another blog post!

- Hearts And Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation! We love knowing your opinions and thoughts on the matter!