Review Of The Guard

Sunday, 10 August 2014
Book: The Guard
Author: Kiera Cass
Publisher: Harper Collins
Genre: Young Adult, Dystopian, Male Protagonist, Novella
Cover:












Rating: 4/5 Stars (Because I'm not an Asperica shipper.)

Summary: Before America Singer met Prince Maxon . . . 
Before she entered the Selection . . . 
She was in love with a boy named Aspen Leger.

Don't miss this digital original novella set in the captivating world of Kiera Cass's #1 New York Times bestselling Selection trilogy. This brand new 64-page story begins just after the group of Selected girls is narrowed down to the Elite and is told from Aspen's point of view. The Guard also features a teaser to The One, the thrilling conclusion to The Selection trilogy.


Review: Aspen really annoys me. He annoys me so much that I actually didn't think I'd ever finish the novella. (Have fun trying to find the picture on Instagram where I said that.) But I did.

His hatred towards Maxon just really irritated me. It felt like he was trying to torture me on purpose. Lesson learned: reading something in the perspective of "the other boy" in a love triangle doesn't necessarily make you like him more.

If you don't like Aspen, don't bother with this novella, but if you love Aspen, I recommend you go check this out.

I'm sorry. I'm just going to end this review here so you don't sit here for twenty minutes reading my rant about why I don't like Aspen.

And the reason this got a four star review instead of like a one is because of everyone in this novella who wasn't Aspen or America.

See you all tomorrow!

- Hearts And Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation! We love knowing your opinions and thoughts on the matter!