Review Of The One

Friday, 8 August 2014
Book: The One
Author: Kiera Cass
Publisher: Harper Collins
Genre: Young Adult, Dystopian, Annoying/Indecisive Protagonists, The Swoon-Worthy Maxon Schreave, She Finally Makes A Decision, Should Have Been Longer
Cover:











Rating: 5/5 Stars

Summary: The highly anticipated conclusion to Kiera Cass's #1 New York Times-bestselling Selection series, The One will captivate readers who love dystopian YA fiction and fairy tales. The One is the perfect finale for fans who have followed America's whirlwind romance since it began--and a swoon-worthy read for teens who have devoured Veronica Roth's Divergent, Ally Condie's Matched, or Lauren Oliver's Delirium.
The Selection changed America Singer's life in ways she never could have imagined. Since she entered the competition to become the next princess of Illéa, America has struggled with her feelings for her first love, Aspen--and her growing attraction to Prince Maxon. Now she's made her choice . . . and she's prepared to fight for the future she wants.
Find out who America will choose in The One, the enchanting, beautifully romantic third book in the Selection series!
***WARNING! SPOILERS FOR THE SELECTION AND THE ELITE! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!***
Review: After America nearly gets herself kicked out of the Selection (I wasn't amused) and loses Maxon's trust. I didn't think she could make me hate her any more than I already did. But she continues to make stupid choices in this book. I wish I knew why.
After everything Marlee and Carter went through, America finally learns to somewhat deal with Aspen (it's complicated). 
Did I like the book? Yes. Do I want another one? OF COURSE! The ending was not satisfying enough for my liking. Don't tell me to use my imagination and imagine what happens after the book is over. That's why I'm not the author. Please, can someone tell me what happens after the book ends? I want to know.
She finally picks someone, in case you're wondering. She isn't that indecisive. For what it's worth, I agree with her choice (whoever it may be).
If you have started this series, finish it. Trust me. It's worth it.
See you all tomorrow!
- Hearts And Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation! We love knowing your opinions and thoughts on the matter!