The If I Stay Movie

Sunday, 24 August 2014
Rating: 4.5/5 Stars (Yes it does stay true to the book, in case you were wondering.)

Trailer:

















If I Stay Review (Spoiler-Free)

***This post will contain spoilers for the book and movie from here on out. Come back tomorrow or go check out my spoiler-free review of If I Stay if you don't want to be spoiled. You have been warned***

***Disclaimer: These are my honest opinions as an avid book-lover and movie-goer.***

I saw If I Stay yesterday. Here are my thoughts:

If I see one more Adam-Mia kiss, I think I'm going to puke. I did not remember that much kissing in the book. It was in practically every Adam-Mia scene.

While it stays true to the book (YES!!!), it did change a few things like Teddy being conscious (I'm almost positive that he wasn't), and finding out that she got into Juilliard (that happens in book two), the ceiling thing (I seriously cannot recall that ever being in there), and Shooting Star's name being changed to Williamette Stone (is that how you spell it?).

Hearing the music made this story more enjoyable, especially considering that I have almost no knowledge when it comes to classical music. I also think that the Williamette Stone and Adam songs were so cute and perfect.

Acting wise, I think the actors portrayed the characters well and stuck fairly close to how they are described in the novel.

Overall, it's a good movie. If you've seen it, let me know what you thought of it and if you haven't, tell me if you're going to.

See you all tomorrow!

- Hearts And Crowns

P. S. I didn't cry. I almost cried but I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation! We love knowing your opinions and thoughts on the matter!