What Makes For A Good Cover

Wednesday, 27 August 2014
Have you ever read a really good book with an awful cover *cough* *the original Anna and the French Kiss cover* *cough*? I'm sure most of us have and it's always a shame. That's why I'm going to tell you all what I like in covers.

1. Typography - I like pretty fonts. A lot of people seem to feel the same way. An example of this is:













My post about pretty fonts here.

2. Vibrant Colours - I like when books have bright colours that draw my attention (so long as it fits the book). Example:













3. Simple Designs - This one is pretty self-explanatory, but anyway, I also like when covers have a simple design. Obvious example:













4. When The Dust Jacket-Less Book Is Still Pretty - This isn't technically the cover, but the underneath should still look pretty.














5. When All Of The Books In The Same Series Match - I want consistency. Enough said.
















Let me know some things that you think make for a good cover in the comments below. See you all tomorrow!

- Hearts And Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation! We love knowing your opinions and thoughts on the matter!