Review Of The Assassin and the Healer

Saturday, 27 December 2014
Book:  The Assassin and the Healer (The Assassin's Blade)
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Genre: Young Adult, High Fantasy, Epic Fantasy
Cover:











Rating: 5/5 Stars

Summary: Meet the Assassin: beautiful, defiant, destined for greatness. Celaena Sardothien has challenged her master. Now she must pay the price. Her journey to the Red Desert will be an arduous one, but it may change the fate of her cursed world forever...

Review: Probably my least favourite novella of the five, but it might be due to the fact that I read this almost a year after the other novellas and while it was a piece of the story that I had felt was missing when I was reading The Assassin and the Desert, I would have been fine without it.

Don't worry, the writing is fabulous as always, but I didn't really like Yrene, which is okay because she only appears in this novella and nowhere else. Yrene is a very different character than Celaena and it was a bit too great of a difference for my tastes.

Overall, it's definitely worth reading!

Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin, Twitter, and Instagram (links in the sidebar to your right) so you never miss another post!

See you all soon!

- Hearts And Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation! We love knowing your opinions and thoughts on the matter!