Happy New Year! (Because It's January and 2015!)

Thursday, 1 January 2015
Hello Fellow Book Lovers,

Can you believe it? It's 2015 (and the last day of my Ten-Day-Blog-A-Thon 2014)!

To celebrate, I wanted to share some of my favourite book-related things of 2014!

Favourite Authors Discovered:

Marie Rutkoski (Author of The Winner's Curse)

Why?

When I picked up The Winner's Curse, I immediately noticed how gorgeous and phenomenal the writing was. Every part of the story was described in perfect detail that I have decided to read the rest of Marie's books in 2015!

Lindsay Cummings (Author of The Murder Complex)

Why?

With The Murder Complex being my favourite debut novel of 2014, I just had to include Lindsay. Her writing is quite different from Marie's, but I throughly enjoyed how she kept the pace fast throughout the entire novel!

Favourite Sequels:

Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas

Why?

I loved everything about this book. Period.

Cress by Marissa Meyer

Why?

Thorne. No further explanation needed.

Why?

The One by Kiera Cass

Maxerica (*SPOILER* and because America finally won the Selection *SPOILER* ).

Favourite Covers:

The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski

Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas

A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Grey

Top Ten Clues You're Clueless by Liz Czukas

The One by Kiera Cass

Even though it pains me, I'm going to stop listing all the covers because these are pretty high up there on the list and the list is over a mile long.

New Characters I Loved:

Arin (The Winner's Curse)

Kestrel (The Winner's Curse)

Meadow (The Murder Complex)

ROWAN!!! *swoons from the name alone* (Heir of Fire)

Manon (Heir of Fire)

Favourite Books:

...

Why?

Because I can't (and refuse to) pick favourites.
                                                                                                                                                                                         
************************************************************************************************************************************

Hopefully next year will be even more amazing! I'm very excited to see this blog grow and I hope to be able to do more blog-a-thons because it was quite fun to post every single day and it also forced me to write more reviews for some reason.

Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin, Twitter, and Instagram (links in the sidebar to your right) so you never miss another post!

See you all soon!

- Hearts And Crowns

*Also, this week's round-up will be posted on the 3rd instead of tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation! We love knowing your opinions and thoughts on the matter!