Review of Yes Please

Wednesday, 21 January 2015
Hello Fellow Book Lovers,

Welcome to Day One of my Blog-A-Thon! Today I have a review for you all on Yes Please by Amy Poehler so I hope you all enjoy it!

Book: Yes Please 
Author: Amy Poehler 
Publisher: HarperCollins
Genre: Adult, Memoir, Humour, Non-fiction
Cover:











Rating: 5/5 Stars

Summary: In Amy Poehler’s highly anticipated first book, Yes Please, she offers up a big juicy stew of personal stories, funny bits on sex and love and friendship and parenthood and real life advice (some useful, some not so much), like when to be funny and when to be serious. Powered by Amy’s charming and hilarious, biting yet wise voice, Yes Please is a book is full of words to live by.

Review: I would just like to first say that I listened to the audiobook with the author, Amy Poehler reading the book to me and I'm pretty sure I would not have laughed nearly as much as I did if I had read the book instead. So this is technically a review of both the story and the audiobook but it doesn't make a difference because I still enjoyed it.

Let's get one thing straight before we begin: This book is not for you if you don't like Amy Poehler. It is a memoir all about her life and you will not enjoy reading about it unless you at least somewhat like her. I personally think that she is hilarious and I should to binge Parks & Recreation soon.

Amy Poehler provided entertaining stories about her life like when she was on SNL, when she was a waitress, her experiences working on her current TV show Parks & Recreation (which I believe is on its last season), and more. Plus, a lot of the advice she gave in the book was great even though this came as no surprise after some of the stories she told.

Basically, if you like Amy Poehler or getting good advice, read this book.


Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin, Twitter @HeartsAndCrowns, and Instagram @heartscrowns (links in the sidebar to your right) so you never miss another post! (Especially since it's blog-a-thon time and I'll be posting again very soon!)

See you all soon!

- Hearts And Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation! We love knowing your opinions and thoughts on the matter!