The Taken Trilogy Is Officially Complete!

Tuesday, 14 April 2015
Hello Fellow Book Lovers,

So there's this book called Taken I reviewed over the summer (http://heartscrowns.blogspot.com/2014/08/review-of-taken.html) that I absolutely adored. It's the first in a trilogy and the final book in that trilogy comes out today!


But this also means that we won't be getting new books from this series after today.


And so I'm just going to explain to you why you should go pick up this trilogy today. 

1. The premise is VERY original and unique. 

Here's the synopsis of Taken. I can promise you it's just as good as it sounds.

There are no men in Claysoot. There are boys—but every one of them vanishes at midnight on his eighteenth birthday. The ground shakes, the wind howls, a blinding light descends…and he’s gone.

They call it the Heist.

Gray Weathersby’s eighteenth birthday is mere months away, and he’s prepared to meet his fate–until he finds a strange note from his mother and starts to question everything he’s been raised to accept: the Council leaders and their obvious secrets. The Heist itself. And what lies beyond the Wall that surrounds Claysoot–a structure that no one can cross and survive.

Climbing the Wall is suicide, but what comes after the Heist could be worse. Should he sit back and wait to be taken–or risk everything on the hope of the other side?
 

If you even remotely enjoy science fiction, I have a feeling this will become a new favourite of yours and if you don't like science fiction, you will after reading Taken.

You'll be Taken with Taken. (Was that the name of that Pinterest board? Because no, I did not come up with that.)

2) THOSE PRETTY COVERS. I think we've discussed the gorgeousness of these covers but just in case, here they are.





It looks like a magical rainbow.

Don't you want your shelf to look like a magical rainbow?

I know I do.

3) Erin Bowman can write like nobody's business.

Enough said.

4) DO YOU LIKE FICTIONAL BOYS? WHAT ABOUT ATTRACTIVE, HOT, YOUNG FICTIONAL BOYS?

IF THE ANSWER IS YES, YOU *NEED* THIS BOOK.



(I'm just going to quickly thank you Erin if you're reading this for one heck of an awesome trilogy.)


Where to buy Taken:

Amazon.com | Amazon.ca | Barnes & Noble | Chapters/Indigo

Do be sure to check out this series. I know you'll love it!

(Also, I'm currently reading Vengeance Road which is also by Erin and I'm loving it! You can find out more about it here: http://www.embowman.com/books/vengeance-road/ (preorder links are there as well) and trust me, you want to find out more.)

Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin, Twitter @HeartsAndCrowns, and Instagram @heartscrowns (links in the sidebar to your right) so you never miss another post!

See you all soon!

- Hearts And Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation! We love knowing your opinions and thoughts on the matter!