Camp NaNoWriMo + Why I Think I Might Actually Succeed

Thursday, 25 June 2015
Hello Fellow Book Lovers,

Every year in July, Camp NaNoWriMo happens. And if you're like me in any way, shape, or form and think writing is (dare I say it) fun, then you might know that Camp NaNoWriMo is the summer version of National Novel Writing Month in which people attempt to write a specific amount of words because they just want to write more.

As you may or may not know, I'm lazy when it comes to writing and the idea of NaNoWriMo is scary. I mean, 50,000 words in one month is A LOT and writing is hard. But because it's the summer and the word count goal is more flexible, I think I might actually try it.

You're probably thinking to yourself, "But Liran, you're a reader. You don't write. Why are you doing this?"

Sit down, child, and let me tell you a story.

The story starts the way all good stories start: with a tweet.

Specifically this one:


And that's when I was all like:


Well guess what? I did.

In fact, I went to http://campnanowrimo.org and signed up. And I think you should, too.

And then I saw that I needed cabin members so the VR Posse cabin was born. (You can join it, too if you'd like. Just tell me your Camp NaNoWriMo username and I'll add you. :) And be sure you've made your project.)

So now, I have decided that I will write minimum 15,500 words/500 words a day in July.

Can I do it? Probably not. But the important part is that I'm going to try.

So now that you know why I'm doing Camp NaNoWriMo (yay/ugh/I'm still deciding how I feel about this), I think I should tell you all about my secret weapon/why I might write all 15,500 words.

*insert drum roll*

The TSBSC.

But I'll tell you all about that soon.

Until then, good luck if you're also doing Camp NaNoWriMo and see you all soon!

- Liran

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation! We love knowing your opinions and thoughts on the matter!