One Year of Blogging + Review of ACOTAR

Tuesday, 14 July 2015
Hello Fellow Book Lovers,

One year ago today, I made this blog. ONE WHOLE YEAR. That is insane. So to celebrate, I will throw imaginary confetti and review ACOTAR as an homage to my first review EVER which was Throne of Glass. (I'm a hard-core, dedicated fan. Promise.)

And I'm also having a Twitter party at 4:00 pm EST TODAY to celebrate. (Couldn't think of a better way to do so.) So use the hashtag #HACTwitterParty if you want to join in! (I'm @HeartsAndCrowns over there in case you didn't know. :)

Anyway, let's get to the review so I can stop rambling.

Book:  A Court of Thorns and Roses
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Genre: Young Adult, Fae, Fantasy, Sarah J. Maas Men
Cover:

Rating: 10000000000000000000000000000000000000/5 Stars (As you may or may not be able to tell, I haven't changed that much over the past year.)

Summary: A thrilling, seductive new series from New York Timesbestselling author Sarah J. Maas, blending Beauty and the Beast with faerie lore.

When nineteen-year-old huntress Feyre kills a wolf in the woods, a beast-like creature arrives to demand retribution for it. Dragged to a treacherous magical land she only knows about from legends, Feyre discovers that her captor is not an animal, but Tamlin—one of the lethal, immortal faeries who once ruled their world.

As she dwells on his estate, her feelings for Tamlin transform from icy hostility into a fiery passion that burns through every lie and warning she's been told about the beautiful, dangerous world of the Fae. But an ancient, wicked shadow grows over the faerie lands, and Feyre must find a way to stop it . . . or doom Tamlin—and his world—forever.

Perfect for fans of Kristin Cashore and George R. R. Martin, this first book in a sexy and action-packed new series is impossible to put down!

Review: Can I get a hot fae to come to life and become my actual boyfriend? Preferably Tamlin.

Yes, I absolutely loved this book. From start to finish, I was enthralled in the story. Not only is Sarah a fabulous writer (to quote myself, "From beginning to end, I was hooked and when the story ended, I was left craving more."), but I loved the characters...a lot. 

Our protagonist Feyre is a hunteress (a.k.a. badass human being who is not as kick-butt as Celaena but can still kill wolves and otherworldly beings) wasn't annoying (and we are in her head). She didn't know anything or magically remember the answer to all of her problems *cough* The Maze Runner *cough*--which was something I really liked.

When it comes to the boys *squeals*, there were some that I favoured over others.

Tamil: My high fae beautiful, sexy, gorgeous fictional boyfriend who I adore. I only had a small problem with a certain scene in the book and the way he acted, but other than that, LOVE HIM.

Lucien: My sassy fae whom I want a spinoff series for. (If you're reading this Sarah, please give him one.) Lucien is the kind of character who I'd want to be friends with. He has a backbone and is very loyal to his friends. Definitely enjoyed his character!

Rhysand: Did someone say Hades? I am not his biggest fan. Rhys comes in halfway through the book and I didn't think his actions were the most honourable which sort of threw me off. I don't despise him, but I wouldn't save him if a beast attacked him. 

In terms of how sexual this book is (so basically is it appropriate for younger readers), this book does not fade to black the way most YA does. It is not implied or done off the page, so you know exactly what characters have done with one another.

If you don't feel comfortable with that, don't read this books or skip over those parts because you won't enjoy what you're reading.

Overall, I HIGHLY recommend this book and will gladly take ACOTAR 2 off anyone's hands. *waves to Bloomsbury*

Here's to many more years of my rambling on the Internet, and I'll talk to you all again soon!

- Liran

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation! We love knowing your opinions and thoughts on the matter!