Review of The Heir

Tuesday, 7 July 2015
Hello Fellow Book Lovers,

Today I bring you my glorious review of The Heir by Kiera Cass! 

Book: The Heir
Author: Kiera Cass
Publisher: HarperCollins
Genre: Young Adult, Dystopian
Cover:











Rating: 10000000000/5 Stars (Can you tell I loved it?)

Summary: Princess Eadlyn has grown up hearing endless stories about how her mother and father met. Twenty years ago, America Singer entered the Selection and won the heart of Prince Maxon—and they lived happily ever after. Eadlyn has always found their fairy-tale story romantic, but she has no interest in trying to repeat it. If it were up to her, she'd put off marriage for as long as possible.

But a princess's life is never entirely her own, and Eadlyn can't escape her very own Selection—no matter how fervently she protests.

Eadlyn doesn't expect her story to end in romance. But as the competition begins, one entry may just capture Eadlyn's heart, showing her all the possibilities that lie in front of her . . . and proving that finding her own happily ever after isn't as impossible as she's always thought.


Review: Guess who absolutely loves this book? MMMMMEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Imagine me raising both hands in the air and screaming at the top of my lungs in full fangirl mode.)

I am a huge fan of this series (shocker, I know) as you may have been able to tell from my previous review. (Fact: I recommend this series to everyone I know.)

(Fact #2: I'm a hipster Selection fan who read it a month after it came out and have been a hardcore fan ever since.)

(Fact #3: I secretly believe you can read The Heir without reading The Selection, The Elite, or The One. While you won't have the background about Maxon and America, it rarely comes up and you should be fine.)

Reasons Why I Loved This Book:

- I have 35+ of them (not really) but they mainly consist of boys.

- There's also the magical-ness of Kiera Cass's writing that allows you to finish The Heir in no time at all. (I did it in under 24 hours including sleep.) It's a very easy read that will get you out of a reading slump/hangover and give you a worse one. (See the ending of The Heir.)

- Eadlyn is quite the feminist. (Gender equality, not female dominance.) She doesn't let the boys boss her around and knows what she wants in life.

- It is basically one of my all-time favourites and I will never stop reblogging Tumblr posts about it.

To sum it all up, you need to read this book. Like go to the bookstore right now and buy it. You won't regret it.

- Liran

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation! We love knowing your opinions and thoughts on the matter!