TeensRead Preview Recap

Sunday, 20 September 2015
I planned to have this post up sooner but...well...life happens so here is my recap of what happened last Saturday that I referenced in my last blog post.

If you follow me on Twitter (which you should), then you'll know that I 1) have a Twitter addiction, 2) completely fangirl every time someone said the words Truthwitch, Susan Dennard, or Something Strange and Deadly, and 3) I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pumped for Truthwitch (I have people who will vouch for me). 

Even though I've been blogging for a year, I'd NEVER gone to an event like this. What I enjoyed the most was probably meeting fellow bloggers because while waiting for the event to start, EVERYONE started chatting about what they were reading and recommending books. It was the real life equivalent of a blog post + comments.

Remind me if I'm ever stranded on an island, I want to be stranded with fellow book lovers along with piles of books + the internet.

Several of the titles Raincoast talked about were ones I was already excited for, as proven by my Twitter feed. (I recommend going through the #TeensReadFeed if you haven't done so already because FANGIRLING.) Here they are (in no particular order):

1. Truthwitch by Susan Dennard. (I am DYING for this book!!!!!!) Think high fantasy with friendship and amazing writing.

2. Firsts by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn. This is a contemporary in the vein of Easy A that sounds right up my alley.

3. These Vicious Masks by Kelly Zekas and Tarun Shanker. Can I get a Swoooooonyyyy story pitched as "Jane Austen meets X-Men" and I NEEEEEEDDDDD it.

4. Riders by Veronica Rossi. A new Veronica Rossi? Sign. Me. Up.

5. The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski. The last book in the Winner's Trilogy will pick up where book two left off/shattered my heart.

6. Into the Dim by Janet B. Taylor. YA OUTLANDER. Saddle up, LASSSSIEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!! We're going on an adventure!

7. Tell the Winds and Fire by Sarah Rees Brennan. The real question is who wouldn't want to read this lush retelling of A Tale of Two Cities?

8. Flawed by Cecelia Ahern. New dystopian duology. I'm down for that.

9. No Love Allowed by Kate Evangelista. No-strings-attached swoony book? GIMMEEEEEE!!!!

10. All the Feels by Danika Stone. FANGIRL TIME. This book is sure to give you all the feels (pun intended!).

You should definitely go check out all those titles and add them to your TBR ASAP!!!!!

Thanks again to Raincoast for hosting the event and for inviting me! I had a blast! 

- Liran

2 comments:

  1. I am 100% hyped for Tell the Winds and Fire, Riders, and the Winner's Kiss. I feel a book hangover coming from The Winner's Kiss already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might die from all the feels in The Winner's Kiss. :) I'm currently reading Riders and it's great so far!

      Delete

Thanks for joining the conversation! We love knowing your opinions and thoughts on the matter!