Review of The Sin Eater's Daughter

Friday, 2 October 2015
I didn't mean to take a break from reviewing books this week, but I did. Sorry for the inconvenience, but life got hard.

Anyway, lol because this review is long overdue...

Book: The Sin Eater's Daughter

Author: Melinda Salisbury

Publisher: Scholastic

Genre: Fantasy, Magic, Young Adult

Rating: 5/5 Stars

Summary: I am the perfect weapon.
I kill with a single touch.

Twylla is blessed. The Gods have chosen her to marry a prince, and rule the kingdom. But the favour of the Gods has it's price. A deadly poison infuses her skin. Those who anger the queen must die under Twylla's fatal touch.

Only Lief, an outspoken new guard, can see past Twylla's chilling role to the girls she truly is.

Yet in a court as dangerous and the queen's, some truths should not be told...
 


Review: Me when I finished this book: MY EMOTIONS. Holy. Cow. Who. Let. Melinda. Salisbury. Wreck. My. Emotions. Like. That???

And THAT. ENDING. Just give me book two please. Send help.

Me now that I can attempt to put my thoughts into words: Would you look at that? An original fantasy without a protagonist trying to be epic and badass because that was what I was in the mood for.

Twylla, oh Twylla, you are awesome. And the fact that you're just trying to make the most of your awful situation makes me feel for you. I can't imagine what life would be like with lethal touch (as useful as that might be). I like your character arc, I like your personality, the romance fell a little flat, but was still good so I didn't mind.

Melinda Salisbury's writing is gripping. She sucks you into the story with the beauty of her words, breaks your heart, and then spits you back out. I'm looking forward to reading more of her books in the future.

The plot was great. I loved the queen as a character the way I liked Elara from Red Queen as a character. Both were wicked and cunning the way I like my villains.

And then you get to the end and all you want is The Sleeping Prince to land on your doorstep so you can continue on with this series.

The point of this review is that you should get on this exciting fantasy series now because you're bound to love it.







***Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book but I have also purchased my own copy. These opinions are completely my own.

4 comments:

  1. Yes!! I super enjoyed this book too! I found the concept of Sin Eaters so fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes yes! I own both the ARC and a finished copy because I love it so much!

      Delete
  2. I happy you ended up enjoying this one, Liran. I, on the other hand, didn't like it at all. I think it was mostly just the love triangle for me. Have you seen the cover for book 2? It's beautiful. It's also featuring different characters, which I think is weird because didn't book 1 leave off in a little cliffhanger?

    Sarah @ The Reading Petal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry you didn't like it. :( And I LOVE the cover for book two. Yeah, the change in POVs is a little weird with the cliffhanger but I hope everything gets resolved.

      Delete

Thanks for joining the conversation! We love knowing your opinions and thoughts on the matter!