November: The Slow Month // YA's Current State

Tuesday, 24 November 2015
You: Hey Liran! Where've you been?

Me: Oh boy. Where to begin?

I've been writing my butt off for NaNo (I HATE NANO (but not really...it's a long story)) and that leaves no time for anything besides mandatory things.

You: So blogging took a backseat?

Me: Sorry!!! But I promise I'll try my hardest to post more of all the things in December! (Also, holiday gift guide for book nerds and non-book nerds: yay or nay?)

Also, grrrrrr at how true this is: http://ow.ly/i/eJe9n

Oh, YA, what happened? *face palm*

Seriously! Just last Friday I was complaining to my friend/carat Cat (@KainesCat on Twitter!) about this whole "protag has to be skinny or else she gets shamed by someone" phase and GAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH. No no no no no no no no. Since when is a size eight "curvy in all the right places and some of the wrong ones" like, NOOOOOOO. Why does weight loss = a good thing in YA???!!!

Like, no no no no no!!!

And female writers are brilliant!!!! Why, oh, why would anyone look down upon them when they are DOMINATING the NYT bestsellers list???!!!! No.

Don't.

Just don't.

(I would link the article but I don't want to support it.)

Sorry for my rambling, but well...this is my blog.

2 comments:

  1. I've gotten to the point where I'm looking at food like this:

    I eat to eat. And be happy WHILE eating.

    ~Sophia @ Bookwyrming Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a real shame YA heroines aren't allowed to not be super skinny. Most of us aren't built like that. (I for one LOVE food and it's weird how not many people in YA do too.)

      Delete

Thanks for joining the conversation! We love knowing your opinions and thoughts on the matter!