Book Playlists // Throne of Glass

Thursday, 28 January 2016
Remember that blogger crisis I had about the book playlists and whether or not I should do them? Well, due to the overwhelming amount of support I got from you all (seriously, you're all amazing and lovely people), I'm going to do them. Also, warning that the lyrics will somewhat suggest at spoilers.

This one's for Throne of Glass. 


Lyric Breakdown:

R.I.P. 2 My Youth - The Neighbourhood 

"R.I.P. to my youth
And you can call this the funeral
I'm just telling the truth
And you can play this at my funeral"

If you know anything about the plot of this book, you'll know that Celaena takes part in a competition to be the king's champion. To me at least, she underwent a fair amount of character development in The Assassin's Blade, and became a bit more mature by the end. In the beginning of ToG, we see how she's lost that she is a bit more serious and more mature. 

"Might go to hell and there ain't no stopping
Might be a sinner and I might be a saint 
I'd like to be proud but somehow I'm ashamed"

I think this lyric pertains more to the series as a whole and what Celaena does and how she feels. 

"I was naive and hopeful and lost
Now I'm aware and driving my thoughts"

Again, this has to do with her growth from The Assassin's Blade to Throne of Glass. 

The Emperor's New Clothes - Panic! At the Disco

So basically the whole song describes Celaena at the beginning of ToG perfectly. Just go listen to it. 

Alive - Sia

"I'm still breathing
I'm alive"

Yes, another lyric that describes Celaena at the beginning coming out of the salt mines. 

Bad Blood - Taylor Swift

"Did you have to do this
I was thinking that you could be trusted"

And

"Did you have to hit me where I'm weak baby I couldn't breathe
I rubbed it in so deep
Salt in the wound like you're laughing right at me"


Both lyrics pertaining to who put her in the salt mines. But no spoilers. 

Blood - My Chemical Romance

"So give them blood, blood
Gallons of that stuff
Give them all that they could drink
And it'll never be enough"

Still talking about Celaena post salt mines Liran? Yep. 

Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Green Day

Basically the whole song because Celaena doesn't really know who to trust and just listen to the song. 

Castle - Halsey

The plot the lyrics of this song describe sounds like it was taken straight out of a YA book. Trust me. 

Centuries - Fall Out Boy

"You will remember me for centuries"

Celaena Sardothien = legend. Enough said. 

Confident - Demi Lovato

"What's wrong with being confident?"

Only girl in a competition full of guys and she's still super confident. So basically this. 

Fairly Local - Twenty One Pilots 

"Is that who I truly am?
I truly don't have a chance
Tomorrow I'll keep a beat
And repeat yesterday's dance"

Last fight scene in the book. No spoilers though.

Gasoline - Halsey

"You can't wake up
This is not a dream
You're part of a machine
You are not a human being"

She's an assassin. Also, deaths that happen. 

In the Woods Somewhere - Hozier

The whole song reminds me so much of a certain creature. 

Sippy Cup - Melanie Martinez 

"Blood still stains when the sheets are washed"

So. Much. Blood. 

Hope you all enjoyed that and that you weren't too spoiled.

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Yes! I loved this post and I love your blog! I hope we can become blogging friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I would love to be blogger friends! <3333

      Delete
  2. RIP TO MY YOUTH << @ NSFW stuff lol (and Celaena's inner turmoil)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that song sooooo muuuuccchhhh!!!

      Delete

Thanks for joining the conversation! We love knowing your opinions and thoughts on the matter!