Book Playlists // The Winner's Curse

Saturday, 13 February 2016
I'm doing another one of these because why not. 

Beware of spoilers within the lyrics. 


Lyric Breakdown:

Blank Space - Taylor Swift 

"Love's a game
Wanna play?"

Let's start by talking about how two people enjoy playing a particular game in this book and how perfect this lyric is. 

Carousel - Melaine Martinez

"And it's all fun and games,
'Til somebody falls in love,

But you've already bought a ticket,

And there's no turning back now"

Pretty self explanatory if you've read the book. 

Magnets - Disclosure featuring Lorde

"Never really thought we would make it
We be thinking about what could have been"

*keeps mouth shut*

Dollhouse - Melanie Martinez 

"No one ever listens, this wallpaper glistens
Don't let them see what goes down in the kitchen"

The people in this book are really great at deceiving others in a way. Really. 

Fools - Troye Sivan

"Only fools fall for you"

Forbidden romance? Check. 

Girls - The 1975

"Worrying about my brother finding out

What's the fun in doing what you're told?"

But change brother to father. 

Is There Somewhere - Halsey

"Is there somewhere you can meet me?"

How I love when things are forbidden. 

Lane Boy - Twenty One Pilots

"They say 'stay in your lane boy'
Lane boy
But we go where we want to"

Kestrel doesn't want to join the military and is sort of basically going against a lot of everything. 

Off To The Races - Lana Del Rey

"Love you but I'm going down"


Oh, that carriage ride. 

Strange Love - Halsey

"Everybody's waiting up to hear if I dare speak your name
Put it deep beneath the track, like the hole you left in me"

Beware of spoilers in there. They're everywhere. 

Talk Me Down - Troye Sivan

Everything in this song. Be still my Kestrel and Arin shipping heart. 

Ugh! - The 1975

"And you're the only thing that's going on in my mind 
Taking over my life a second time"

Did someone say romance? 

Only Teardrops - Emmelie De Forest 

"How many times can we win and lose?
How many times can we break the rules?

Between us"

That romance will be the end of me in The Winner's Kiss. 


Hope you all enjoyed me talking about all the feels in this book.

2 comments:

  1. AND I SUDDENLY LOVE YOU FOR HAVING A LANA DEL REY SONG ON THERE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE LANA!!!! HER SONGS ARE GREAT AND I WISH MORE PEOPLE LISTENED TO HER OTHER SONGS AND NOT JUST SUMMERTIME SADNESS.

      Delete

Thanks for joining the conversation! We love knowing your opinions and thoughts on the matter!