Review of Everything, Everything

Sunday, 7 February 2016
The cover blends into the background and I couldn't be more amused by this. 

Book: Everything, Everything

Author: Nicola Yoon

Publisher: Random House

Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary

Rating: 5/5 Stars

Summary: My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I’m allergic to the world. I don’t leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla.

But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He’s tall, lean and wearing all black—black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly.

Maybe we can’t predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It’s almost certainly going to be a disaster.


Review: I don't have allergies. I think I should make that clear before I start to review a book whose protagonist is allergic to everything. I don't know how well or how accurate Nicola Yoon portrayed allergies in this book so I'm not going to comment on it because it's not my place to do so.

Visually, this book is stunning. From the beautiful cover to the drawings inside, this. Book. Is. Beautiful.

Maddy is a really great protagonist. She's smart, witty, and reads a lot. What more could you want from a girl who spends so much time in her room? I also really liked Olly. (Adorable fictional men are my weakness.) I really liked their relationship and how natural it was.

The writing was also gorgeous. All the praise to Nicola Yoon because she deserves it. The diversity in this book also deserves an A+.

Everything, Everything is an amazing book that I adored from start to finish and I think you'll love it too!







***Disclaimer: I received a copy from the publisher in exchange for review. This has in no way influenced my opinions and thoughts.

4 comments:

  1. I read this book last year, and it easily made it's way to become my most favorite of 2015! Nicola, as you have mentioned, wrote and told the story of 2 well blended characters and it made this book such a gem! Great review, Liran! Short, and sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it as well!

      Delete
  2. Ah, glad to hear that you loved it so much :). allergies are awful, being allergic to EVERYTHING would be just... UGH :P. Maddy was pretty awesome and sooooo agreed, the writing was definitely wonderful :). Lovely review!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation! We love knowing your opinions and thoughts on the matter!