Review of Finding Audrey

Sunday, 7 February 2016
Still don't know how to start reviews. *sigh*

Book: Finding Audrey

Author: Sophie Kinsella

Publisher: Random House

Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary

Rating: 4/5 Stars

Summary: An anxiety disorder disrupts fourteen-year-old Audrey’s daily life. She has been making slow but steady progress with Dr. Sarah, but when Audrey meets Linus, her brother’s gaming teammate, she is energized. She connects with him. Audrey can talk through her fears with Linus in a way she’s never been able to do with anyone before. As their friendship deepens and her recovery gains momentum, a sweet romantic connection develops, one that helps not just Audrey but also her entire family.

Review: This was my first Sophie Kinsella novel and I loved it!

The writing was just as great as I heard it would be. It was quirky and cute and was just overall really great. Audrey as a character was relatable and well developed. The family dynamic portrayed was great as well. Kinsella did a great job developing Audrey's family too.

While I don't agree with the whole getting over your issues via your new significant other thing, the romance was nice and cute. I liked Linus and Audrey's romance and how he helped her.

Overall, it's a good read that I think many people will enjoy.







***Disclaimer: I received a copy from the publisher in exchange for review. This has in no way influenced my opinions and thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation! We love knowing your opinions and thoughts on the matter!