Writing Is Hard

Monday, 4 April 2016
I don't know why I'm writing this, but I just wanted to talk with you all, so hi. How are you? I hope you're doing good. I'm doing okay.

So Camp NaNo has basically taken over my life. I haven't been reading the past few days, nor have I been watching Netflix. But it's okay because I'm writing. And I think writing is good. It's something I enjoy doing (like blogging), and doing Camp NaNo gives me that little extra push I need to sit myself down and write.

For those of you who don't know, writing is hard. Now I don't do this professionally, but as some amateur who does this as a hobby, I have come to the conclusion that writing is hard. It's hard to sit myself down and to come up with ideas. I guess this is why I've never finished a single WIP before. (Hopefully I will someday, but who knows? I could end up never finishing one.) And that's okay because it's the actual writing process that I enjoy. I like typing away at some fresh new idea that just popped into my mind because that's the part that I find fun. Writing isn't a competition, and while I would love to reach my 15k goal for Camp NaNo, it's the fact that I'm writing that counts.

But I also feel really guilty about not reading and focusing on writing instead. I enjoy doing both and this blog is meant to be about books, so I also feel a little guilty that I'm blogging about writing instead of books. A more appropriate post would have been a recap on that Penguin Teen signing I went to last week. I don't know. I just feel like a really bad blogger right now because I also didn't even post for the last two weeks of March (way to go Liran!) and I'm sure the majority of you couldn't care less about writing.

And I'm not trying to get sympathy or anything like that (which is another reason as to why I feel really guilty right now), but I'm really trying this thing where I blog about whatever I want to blog about, but maybe I should make a personal blog and do it there, but I like this blog and ugh. Not to mention that I have life and everything and ugh.

Maybe the internet isn't the best place to post all this stuff, but I don't want to censor myself and pretend like my life consists of reading 24/7 because while books are a huge part of my life, I don't always want to blog about them.

If you made it this far, then I'm sorry for wasting your time. I just sort of wanted to talk on my blog and so here we are.

I think what I'm going to try to do is blog as often as I can about whatever I want for maybe a week and see how that goes. (Because I totally want to do some sort of music review or recommendation post, but that's not related to books and UGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!)

This has been a shortish ramble about something I am in no way qualified to talk about, but I hoped you enjoyed it regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation! We love knowing your opinions and thoughts on the matter!