What Liran's Listening To #4

Saturday, 4 June 2016

Who said I needed to blog about something book related today??? (That was what the Meet the Newbies post was--my weekly(ish) bookish post.) 

By now I'm sure you all know how this goes. Here's the playlist:



Songs I Recommend:

- Alphabet Boy // Melanie Martinez (DID YOU SEE THE VIDEO FOR THIS??? LOOOOOVVVVEEEEEE IT!!!)
- Play Date // Melanie Martinez (This song has been stuck in my head recently and I love it.)
- Tokyo Narita - Freestyle // Halsey, Lido (NEW HALSEY YEEESSSS!!! (+ new Halsey/Lido collab = double yyyyeeeessssss)) 
- Halcyon // Ellie Goulding (This entire album is so underrated, but I was specifically loving (again) the title track this week!!)

Mind-Numbing Bops:

- That's My Girl // Fifth Harmony (So 7/27 dropped and I only really like this song and Work From Home. That's My Girl is very Worth It and it would be a good move on 5H's part to make it a single because it's super catchy and the solo distribution was good. However, the lyrics are generic and it sounds like Worth It Part II.) 
- Side To Side // Ariana Grande feat. Nicki Minaj (DANGEROUS WOMAN DROPPED AND IT WAS EASILY ONE OF THE BETTER POP ALBUMS THAT DROPPED THIS YEAR. This track, while pretty generic, is super catchy and fun.)
- Me Too // Meghan Trainor (So Thank You is probably the only pop May release I have yet to talk about that I somewhat cared about. Me Too is an upbeat track with a similar vibe to Beyoncé's Flawless (meaning it basically makes you feel good about yourself when you sing along) and it's probably my favourite track on the album.)
- Hair // Little Mix feat. Sean Paul (Little Mix is great and I really wish they would have more success in America because THEY ARE PHENOMENAL AT HARMONIZING. This song is great, but it's not the best song off of Get Weird.)
- Ain't Your Mama // Jennifer Lopez (This sounds like a Meghan Trainor throwaway and I know Meghan's the one who wrote the song, but I don't know. It's still catchy and I'm not mad at it. *shrugs*)

ALSO FORMATION, HOLD UP, AND PRAY YOU CATCH ME BY BEYONCE BUT LEMONADE IS NOT ON SPOTIFY (YET).

Feel free to leave song recommendations for me in the comments/tell me on Twitter!!! I'm always on the hunt for new stuff to listen to!!! I also hope you found a new song of two that you like but hadn't heard before!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I've started listening to Melanie Martinez and I love Training Wheels right now! You're playlist is so sassy, LOL. Jennifer Lopez, Little Mix ... ;) I'm more of an indie rock girl, like The 1975 and HONNE.

    PS. @PendantTrilogy on Twitter referred me to you ;).

    Jess @ POB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOOOOOOVE THE 1975!!! Lol thank you!!! :) PS. I LOVE Training Wheels too!! ;)

      Delete

Thanks for joining the conversation! We love knowing your opinions and thoughts on the matter!