Stealing Snow Inspired Makeup Tutorial

Friday, 23 September 2016
I'm doing this because I 1) love makeup and 2) love books. Also, I saw Roshani do it for her books (The Star-Touched Queen and The Crown of Wishes) and I thought I could do them for other books. (Sorry that my makeup skills are no where near where hers are. I'm basic and usually stick to eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick.)

So I thought I would do Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige first because that cover is stunning and I wanted to put it on my face. 

Look at its beauty. 


What you'll need is your fav concealer, foundation, etc. (Your basic skin imperfection routine), a glittery silver eyeshadow, a matte dark purple eyeshadow, a glittery dark blue eyeshadow, a white eyeshadow, highlighter, blush, any light pink lipstick, and grey eyeliner (or black if you prefer it).

Step One:
Put on foundation, concealer, and really whatever it is you usually do before you put on the fun stuff. 

Step Two:
Fill in your brows however you normally do. (I don't fill in my brows and if you're like me, you can skip this step.)

Step Three:
Eyeshadow time. Yay. Take your glittery silver shadow and put it all over your lid because snow. (But we don't want it to look like basic snow so we're going to use glitter.)


Step Four:
Take that dark purple shade and put it in your crease. Then blend. (I'm so great at explaining things. Aren't you just going to have such an easy time replicating this later?)


Step Five:
Take that dark blue glittery eyeshadow and put it in the outer corner of your eye. (And then blend.)


Step Six: 
Use the white eyeshadow to highlight your brow bone. Also put it in the inner corner of your eye. 

Step Seven:
Apply the grey eyeliner to your eyes however you usually apply your eyeliner. (Tip: If you're using liquid liner, draw a line for your wing first, draw another line from the tip of your wing to the centre of your eye, fill that in, and then draw a line from the inner corner to the center of your eye and connect it all.) 

Step Eight:
Apply mascara [or don't if you have nice lashes (so not me)].


Step Nine:
Highlight the tops of your cheeks, the  center of your forehead, the center of your chin, your Cupid's bow, and the tip of your nose. Then apply blush to the apples of your cheeks. You can also contour your face if you want to. 


Step Ten:
Apply the pink lipstick to your lips however you usually do it. 

Step Eleven (and my favourite):
Apply a little bit of that silver eyeshadow to the center of your lips to make them extra snowy. 


And that's it. You see, super easy stuff. 


Don't I look pretty? (Oh, the sarcasm.)




I hope you enjoyed me trying to do my makeup. As you may have noticed, I suck at this. (But at least I tried which is more than the haters can say.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation! We love knowing your opinions and thoughts on the matter!